24th August, 2013. 9:51 pm. 121 Reasons to Ship Damon and Elena - Part 4
121 Reasons to ship DE - Part 4
94. She says things that she doesn’t mean
It’s just awesome seeing Elena slowly realize how she really feels about Damon. Blurting things out is just part of that process but it also shows me just how much she trusts him. She doesn’t feel the need to censor her reactions, and trusts their connection enough to be totally open. ( My last 19 reasons under hereCollapse )
Current mood: accomplished.
Read 4 Notes -Make Notes
23rd August, 2013. 8:53 pm. 121 Reasons to Ship Damon and Elena - Part 3
So, this would have been posted yesterday except that I had no power for 6 hours. I will post the final part tomorrow.
58. It matters. She knows he knows it
I love that Elena can see through the facade that Damon presents even this early in their relationship. She also has the spunk to call him out on it. She’s not willing to believe that he is as cavalier about killing people as he appears to be. ( 19 more reasons under hereCollapse )
Read 2 Notes -Make Notes
21st August, 2013. 9:37 pm. 121 Reasons to Ship Damon and Elena - Part 2
121 Reasons to ship DE - Part 2
5. Because he knew right away that she wasn’t Katherine
This says to me that it only took seconds for him to see into her very soul and realize that she was not Katherine. Their connection was a deep one right from the get-go. It was not just on the surface. Also, it tickles me that Stefan did months of research to make sure she wasn’t Katherine (because clearly he didn’t have the same depth of connection with Elena that Damon did). ( 29 more under hereCollapse )
Read 2 Notes -Make Notes
21st August, 2013. 9:25 pm. 121 Reasons to Ship Damon and Elena
121 Reasons to ship Damon and Elena
Somewhere in the midst of watching this excellent video repeatedly (and losing count of the number of times), I had an idea for a post based on it. Now that I have a break from work, I’m finally getting around to writing said post.
My idea was to pick my reasons for shipping Damon/Elena from the video and expand a little on each one. As it turns out, there are 70 reasons of mine, so I will be breaking this up into four posts (including this one). Here’s an outline of my plan:
> Post 1 - Embed the video and list all of the reasons
> Post 2 - My first 30 reasons (in order of appearance in the video)
> Post 3 - My next 20 reasons
> Post 4 - My final 20 reasons
I will be posting each day. Please feel free to chime in with your thoughts on which reasons resonate for you.
( Click here for the list of reasonsCollapse )
Current mood: productive.
Read 4 Notes -Make Notes
30th July, 2013. 8:49 pm. Good News
Today my boss offered me a permanent, full-time spot in the wonderful E-Commerce group!! I quickly accepted without hesitation.
This makes me very happy for several reasons:
My boss will put out the email tomorrow making it official. She will also be posting for another E-Commerce representative, since we have 2 people leaving at the end of August.
- Work will continue to pay for my Internet Service Provider every month
- I maintain flexible hours and the ability to work from home
- I can continue to use (and maybe improve) my French skills
- Did I mention my Internet will be paid for???
That's all for now, but I just had to share. :D
Read 6 Notes -Make Notes
20th April, 2013. 10:49 am. TVD 4x19: Pictures of You
Things I liked:
- Stefan dancing with Caroline. Their easy friendship and chemistry is nice and refreshing.
- Seeing Jeremy, even if it was Silas!Jeremy. It was nice to see him & Bonnie have a moment.
- Bonnie standing up to Silas and having the control to not kill Elena. Bonnie was just all together awesome.
- Having Elijah back. He remains my favorite Original by far. He's such an interesting, complex character and Daniel Gillies is awesome at bringing him to life.
- Damon in a tux.
- The photo yearbook in the forest. A lovely stroll down memory lane.
- The Salvatore brothers working together
- The parallel to Stefan being locked up but Elena & Damon stayed with him. It spoke volumes that Stefan's attachment to Elena is not as strong as he thinks.
Things I could live without:
- Pretty much everything Elena said and did
- Silas giving a voice to Damon's deepest insecurities
Overall, I enjoyed this episode but have to say the trio is doing nothing for my fangirl heart at the moment. I don't want this to turn into a rant, so suffice to say that I'm over switch-flipped vamp Elena and her mean-girl attitude. I still love this show and have faith that things will be in a better place by the finale.
On a shallow note, none of the prom dresses were all that extraordinary. They didn't hold a candle to Elena's & Caroline's gowns for the Mikaelson's ball. Damon, on the other hand, looked as wonderful and sexy in his tux as he ever has. *sigh*
Read 9 Notes -Make Notes
28th December, 2012. 10:14 pm. Long Weekends are the best
I have officially made it through another Christmas Rush at work and am now very much enjoying a long weekend doing whatever I feel like. A good part of today was spent sleeping or lying on my couch reading fan fiction. Eventually, my desire to get back to posting things on here kicked in, so here I am.
I am currently working on another, longer (4 part) post but that gave rise to my immediate gratification trait, so here's a quick, point-form post to catch you guys all up on what's been going on in my life.
- I had a lovely Christmas Eve with my brother and his family. I got to play the piano and even did a little duet with my niece. It's impossible for me to hear Heart & Soul and not join in. We had a big feast of Chinese food (which is a tradition) and then I was put in the spotlight (not my favourite place) while I opened all my gifts from them.
- Here's a picture I took before leaving:
- A shout out to skylar_d3 for being the kind, generous, lovely person that she is. When she learned that I was working on Christmas Day, she promptly packaged up the turkey dinner that her & her husband had enjoyed and drove over to my apartment to deliver it. She simply didn't want me to miss out. You really did make my day, B [and there was enough food there to feed me for several days].
- I've been rewatching S4 of TVD over and over again, in an attempt to get a grasp on my thoughts about the sire bond. I'm starting to figure it out, but still nowhere near being able to articulate them. I have been reading a fair amount of all human, alternate universe DE fan fiction and also found one today that is based in canon that I quite liked. I plan on doing a fic rec post in the near future with more details
- My To Do List for the next couple of days includes a veritable mountain of laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning my apartment from stem to stern, sorting through my clothes and donating some to The Diabetes Foundation, clearing out excess electronic devices
( More points and pictures under hereCollapse )
- I'm enjoying S10 of NCIS very much, when I get time to watch it. If anyone knows of a site that might have all the S10 episodes, please feel free to share. I've tried Let Me Watch This, but they only have much earlier seasons available. Someday, I'll have enough money to get Netflix and can watch all kinds of TV that way.
- Between TVD re-watches, I've been having a Jane Austen Festival of sorts. I've watched the BBC Series of Pride & Prejudice and the movie of it and come to the conclusion that I prefer the movie. The series is a more direct adaptation of the book, but I felt the movie conveyed more of the emotional content. I preferred Matthew MacFadyen's Darcy to Colin Firth's (although I do enjoy Colin's work in other moview). I've also watched Sense & Sensibility and still love Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet in those roles. Hugh Grant was awesome, as well. I plan on reading Emma, as well and would love to find a copy of that movie, as well.
- Nina's red dress in Shanghai was just stunning on her!! Also, her & Ian continue to entrance me with their adorableness and harmony. I simply love when Ian is in protective mode.*sigh*. Also, they both looked freakin' amazing after a 15 hour flight!! First class or not, that has to take a lot out of a person (not that I have any experience with this), and they came out looking incredible (as per usual). One of these days, maybe my obsession with them might result in my attempting an RPF story (but for the moment, I can't get past my own internal censor).
Read 7 Notes -Make Notes
15th October, 2012. 7:51 pm. How is this my life????
Things that are presently making my life GREAT:
[*] Today was the first day of me being an E-Commerce Fulfillment Representative! (isn't that title impressive? ;o) It was so good to be back in that group and learning new things. All my new teammates were happy and welcoming, and my schedule is staying the same as it was for this week (which means I can keep some engagements with friends ;).
[*] I call Primus to get my internet re-connected. After transferring me to 3 different people, I got to one that could help me. Apparently it can take up to a week and a half for them to actually do this, but I'm beyond caring since I'll have my own network again.
[*] The incredible support and appreciation that I've gotten from all my wonderful friends. Their expression of this has ranged from 'Congratulations' cards to tasty brunch to pizza & wine to an upcoming spaghetti dinner to very excited e-mails to actual hugs and, most touching of all, a couple of "I'm proud of you."'s. I'm still a little in shock at this outpouring and am working accepting that you all simply wish me. (note to self: it shouldn't be this hard to accept such positive emotions)
[*] The Vampire Diaries is back!!! Need I say more??? I know, I know, there's lots more to say, but let's just leave it at I simply love that I can look forward to new and exciting storylines for my beloved Damon and Elena <3
[*] I just returned from the grocery store where I made some long-overdue healthier food choices. I got Alpen muesli cereal that has ingredients I can actually pronounce like Whole Oat Flakes, Whole Wheat. Raisins (coated with pressed sunflower oil), Whole Grain Barley, Brown Sugar, Skim Milk Powder, Roasted Hazelnuts, Barley Malt Extract, Sliced Almonds. Then there is the Dempsters Canadian Century Grains bread made from Red Fife Wheat (one of Canada's oldest wheat varieties). It also has flaxseeds, rye meal, barley flakes, and cracked wheat. Also worth mentioning is the yogurt & granola bar & cucumbers & baby carrots snack pack and the muskoka chicken salad with mixed greens, strawberries, blueberries, and chicken breast. I am currently enjoying a bbq chicken breast with scalloped potatoes and downed 2 big glasses of milk (because apparently I'm craving milk these days). I kinda blew my grocery budget, but I'm determined not to let being broke be an excuse for bad food choices.
[*] It is warm and balmy here today. :D
[*] Connecting with my friends whether by chat or e-mail or telephone or Skype and discussing a whole range of topics that have nothing to do with tv shows (shocking, I know ;). You all are such a blessing to me that it bears repeating often, as far as I'm concerned.
In closing, don't expect to see much of me here this week as it's shaping up to be rather full. Tuesday I'm visiting Dad, Wednesday I'll be picking up Janne, Thursday is dinner & TVD with Frances & Brennan, Friday I'm working at the barn, Saturday I'm working at the office, and Sunday I'm back at the barn. I also need to fit in walking and, you know, doing dishes, and sleeping in there ;). I will pop on whenever I can.
I also want to watch TGW and NCIS episodes, as I've only seen the premieres of both of this.
One minor irritant ... I was going to put in a screencap from TVD 4x01 but apparently I don't have permission to see the website I have used for the last 3 seasons .. *pouts*
Read 11 Notes -Make Notes
27th September, 2012. 9:28 pm. Life is Good
So, I've been intending to post this since this morning, but it seems my schedule is now in 'busy' mode and I'm easily distracted by shiny things (and by shiny things I mean particular people on my f-list - you know
who you are). I have so much to tell you, so I'd better get on with it.
First, the busy mode I'm referring to includes working, daily long walks, playing taxi for my friends, my newfound part-time job, dog-sitting, enjoying my lovely f-lists posts, delightful social interactions (via Skype), and, oh yeah, the usual chores (laundry, cleaning, dishes [why isn't the large pile of them in my kitchen magically going away?????], etc).
My walk yesterday was an hour and a half long. I took the meandering way up Acacia to Buena Vista then across to Lake McKay. I've been wanting to walk there for several weeks now. I didn't have my camera with me, but my trusty phone is always nearby for when something grabs my eye:
This particular trail is one of my favourites as it never fails to make me feel relaxed and at peace. I continued on and once past the lake, we come to The Pond (which is great for swimming in during the summer). The last time I'd been there with Janne, Frances, and her brother, I'd met a friendly cat. Well, it seems he lives nearby because as I was about to exit the conservation area, he appeared again demanding attention. I was only too happy to oblige and after several attempts managed to get his picture:
The rest of the walk home was uneventful, but it felt good to be out in the sunshine. :)
Later that evening, shipperjunkie
and I had planned to re-watch Before Sunset
and The Departed
(since neither of us had to work today) and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that upupa_epops
would be joining us. What ensued was a highly enjoyable round of laughing, talking, watching one of the episodes, and a cameo from goldy_doll
(who I credit with leading me to Marta). There was discussion of my Canadian accent, several awesome quotes from Marta that Katie cleverly made into icons, and, of course, much going on about Damon, Elena, and Damon/Elena :). We also gave many kudos to the talented and beautiful Nina Dobrev and may have gone off on a tangent involving her sex life and possible preferences. If there was, I deny all knowledge of it, and certainly of my non-verbal reaction to someone's comment. [How on earth am I going to make any progress on my Nian RPF, now????]
. All in all, it was just a spontaneous, wonderful encounter that makes me incredibly thankful that I met these lovely ladies and have become friends.
My plans to get up early this morning and take pictures of the sunrise fell by wayside, due in part to the lateness of the hour that I went to bed. Instead, I slept in until 10 am, made French toast for breakfast then set out on an hour-long walk down by The Rideau River. I did have the forethought to take a Reactine before leaving, as my allergies have been playing up again lately.
This afternoon was spent at Beth's farm. I arrived in time to meet Sandra (Apricot's owner) and chat with her for a bit. Her mare had just had her teeth floated and was recovering from the sedative in one of the stalls. I set about scrubbing feed dishes, let the dogs (Apollo & Jack) out for a pee, cleaned the other stalls, then brought Veity in to groom him. Afterwards, I turned him & Apricot back out, cleaned the stall she'd been in and swept the barn. It felt really good to be out in the sunshine, moving around, and in the country. As an added bonus, I'm getting paid to do it. :D I'm due back there next Thursday to bring the horses in for the night and will also be spending Saturday night (the 13th) there. I'm hoping to lunge Veity next week. He's a bay Hannoverian gelding who is a bit pushy but otherwise is well mannered and well trained.
Now for some random bits:
[*] Sweat pants and a sweat shirt have become my default state of dress at home as my apartment continues to be colder than I like. I'll be happy when the heat gets turned on.
[*] I really want to see Pitch Perfect.
[*] It's incredibly good to have a working iPod again. There are speakers at the barn, so I can listen to my playlist as I'm working. I love surrounding myself with music and it makes such a difference on my walks. I shall have to work on some new playlists for walking etc.
[*] Tea is the perfect drink, IMO. I just have to remember to stick to the decaf variety in the evenings.
[*] Marta sent me a wonderful gif of Boromir saying, "One does not simply be both happy and a Delena shipper". How appropriate!!! <3
[*] Here's 2 random pictures of how I spent Earth Hour (which was several months ago, I think ...)
[*] I'm excited to watch the season premiere of NCIS
. I hope to do that tomorrow evening.
[*] Friends really are invaluable to me. Thank you all for being here <3
Now I really must wrap this up even though there are fanfic stories and friends posts calling to me. I will be strong and somehow make myself do the dishes that are soaking in my sink ...
Current mood: accomplished.
Read 8 Notes -Make Notes
24th September, 2012. 10:11 pm. Desiderata ... and what I take from it
Back A Page
Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.
Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Strive to be happy.
Max Ehrmann, Desiderata, Copyright 1952
This poem is a spiritual touchstone for me reminding me of the importance of middle ground as opposed to extremes. Finding peace is not easily done and is worth holding onto and protecting. Every person has their own story and it's worth listening and gathering what you need from their experiences. Calmly and respectfully is the best way to share information.
How you do your job reflects your morals and standards you set for yourself. There will always be negative people in the world, the important thing is to let the knowledge that there is also good stop the negative stuff from darkening your spirit.
I am a perennial romantic. I believe love is as perennial as grass and can survive in the most arid of conditions. The thing I struggle with is being myself. When I fall in love with someone I want to know everything about them, but have a hard time believing that the reverse could be true. I'm fine exposing a certain amount of myself but letting someone completely in has been a challenge in my life.
I am still working on the strength of spirit but feel I've made good progress in that department. I have certainly known fears born of loneliness (and fatigue to a lesser extent). I do tend to be not-so-gentle with myself, but am better at that than I used to be.
That I am no less than the trees and the stars heartens my spirit very much. I strive to remember that I do have a right to be here. I wholeheartedly believe that the universe is unfolding as it should but that we all have our part to play in making it a better place.
Of late, I feel like I'm finding that peace with God and with his help, the same with my soul. It IS still a beautiful world despite the drudgery and broken dreams. I am striving to be happy by choosing to be.
Current mood: spiritual.
Read 6 Notes -Make Notes